We are seeking a new mid-to-high level WordPress WooCommerce Developer to add to its tightly-knit team. In this role, if you- ‘re looking to diversify your WordPress and WooCommerce skill-set to push the limits and experience growth and self-fulfillment with every project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Programming, developing, website coding, and producing data-driven web applications, websites using WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and project managers on client projects.
- Consult with clients as needed.
- Contribute to the development of the misc. company special projects.
- Manage your own time development between multiple projects clients to meet deliverables.
- Follow and contribute to our internal standards.
- Keep up on the latest trends and best practices in web development.
- Other duties as assigned
- 0 to 1 years experience with WooCommerce and WordPress
- Excellent knowledge of WooCommerce and WordPress
- Strong understanding and experience with SASS
- Experience with responsive design without dependence on frameworks
- The ability to translate PSDs and other assets created by the design team into cohesive websites
- Strong sense of visual design
- An understanding of front-end optimization techniques
- Knowledge of usability/user experience design is a plus
- Experience maintaining version control using Git
- Strong experience with custom WordPress theme development, including accommodating full user editability, complex layouts, and plugins that require theme customization – we don- t work with prebuilt themes so it is important to have the ability to create complex setups from scratch
- Experience creating custom themes for use with WooCommerce
- Familiarity with various commonplace and proven plugins such as Advanced Custom Fields, Gravity Forms, The Events Calendar, s2Member, BuddyPress
- Thorough understanding of custom post types and taxonomies
- Working knowledge of basic PHP and MySQL
- An understanding of programming security best practices
- Familiarity with issues in web design development and accessibility is a plus